General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Delete Task option in the Inbox

Find yourself no longer needing to have the task completed? Delete from inbox vs marking as complete and then having to go to Completed Items to delete it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hyperlinks have GOT to be clickable

If the point of GID is to make my life easier, I shouldn't have to select, copy and paste hyperlinks. Make them clickable, please. It's almost 2015 :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. no question you absolutely need to be able to export to email individual tasks or notes within a task from the Ipad.

No question you absolutely need to be able to export to an email both individual tasks (not the entire task list) as well as being able to export notes within a task. You would sell many more of these apps with that feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

I know this response is long over due. You can now email a single task or a whole task list to someone outside of Get It Done. Steps can be found here:
    https://marcucio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/25000007189-how-to-email-tasks-from-get-it-done

If you are still with us, give it a go and let us know if this is still an issue for you or if you need something different.

If you are not with us and are still looking, come give us another try! We’ve released the new Get It Done Version 5 with some exciting new features. Read more about it here: http://blog.getitdoneapp.com/2017/02/01-all-new-get-it-done-task-app/

Thanks again for your feedback!

4. tag button on tasks in list

There is a button on every task in any task list that says "no project". Will there be the same function for tags like in the old GID app? Right now, tag assignment directly from the list without opening the task is only available if the task is already tagged. I really would like to see the button "no tag"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow blind copying of emails to "todo"

Make it so I can blind copy my emails and have them go to the GID inbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Localize the app in my language

list your languages below

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TODAY folder shows all tasks (= repeating and scheduled tasks)

TODAY folder shows all tasks (= repeating and scheduled tasks)

On a daily routine I do tasks every single morning eg. check your yearly goals / check your bank account / define your maintask for today / etc.

To focus on what’s important TODAY I'd love to check on a busy day only my TODAY folder. And I would also like to tick them after I finished them. On the next day these repeating/daily tasks are all again in my TODAY folder waiting for me. That would be awesome.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We just added the ability to select which folder you would like recurring tasks to go into. The default is Inbox but you can change this when you edit or add the recurring task:
    - Open the recurring task
    - Click “this task repeats”
    - Chance the option for “New Tasks will be created in”

This change is live in the web app and will come to the native apps in the next update..

8. I would like to be able to email a specific task with its notes to an individual.

I manage a lot of different people and projects. I need to be able to email a task and it's notes to a specific individual. I do not see where that is available to share by email other than sharing the whole page. Not all of the individuals that I deal with have get it done nor what I want to set them up to share. This would be a tremendous tool for delegation and management.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. make a function for "Adding attachments (pics and files)" to Android App

Since I use the whiteboard a lot during meetings I think it would be great if there was a function for adding pictures/attachments directly from the GID-app for Android - just as you can do in the web app.

Today you first have to take a Picture, then create a task and then via the web app add the Picture to the task (you could also email the pic to your uniqe GID-adress).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to set a folder as a default such as Today

Having the ability to set a folder to be a default would be a great addition. Currently it goes to inbox, but when I fire the app up I would really like to know what I am doing today

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We just added the ability to select which folder you would like recurring tasks to go into. The default is Inbox but you can change this when you edit or add the recurring task:
    - Open the recurring task
    - Click “this task repeats”
    - Chance the option for “New Tasks will be created in”

This change is live in the web app and will come to the native apps in the next update..

12. Import task list from ACT sales database

ACT by Sage has a task list which would be great if it sync'd with Get it done - but also would need to update the result of the task as well

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Repeating Tasks with Subtasks

Need to have feature of subtasks repeating when the main task repeats and that the subtasks remain under the main task instead of repeating as a main task.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have 'Reference' as an extra 'Area of Focus' i.e. Today/Next/Scheduled/Someday/Reference

It would be useful to have 'Reference' as an extra Area of Focus. Not quite David Allen, but reference items are handy to have within the app (eg contact details/noteable dates/etc) Even though you can tag them as reference, they do still get lost amongst the real 'next action someday' items. It is easier now that you can sort tasks, but a separate reference area of focus would work better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alison,

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to explain our stance before closing the feedback.

There is a way for you to create a custom Focus Areas. See here for details:
    https://marcucio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/25000006698-how-do-i-create-a-custom-focus-area-i-e-waiting-for-folder-

We are hesitant to add extra Focus Areas since we’d like to stay true to David Allen’s methodology. Since we keep our apps very simple and flexible, our users actually told us of this workaround. :)

I hope you can understand our stance. Thanks again for your idea and keep the feedback coming!

16. Add a visual flag (Like the Note indicator) on the Task line to indicate that an attachment exists.

A note identifier is visible to the user from the TAsk list when a NOte has been added to the item. However, if a File is attached to a Task item, there is no visible way to know unless you view the details of the task.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove red from due date field when checked as completed

Sometimes I like to keep my completed tasks within a project - but hate to see red!! if it's already complete.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Keyboard shortcuts - hitting return key when editing a task should save it

if poss, it shouldn't be necessary to use the mouse to quickly edit and save a task

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base