To find your Get It Done email address:
- Click on the "Import/Export" button at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on "Email tasks to app"
We suggest you put this address in your address book so that any time you get an email which will require your attention, you can simply forward the message to your unique Get It Done email address and we automatically add the task for you (attachments and everything)!
For Get It Done Classic users only (this is coming to new Get It Done soon):
You can also set the Area, Tags, or the Focus of the task by using some special syntax in the email subject:
- Area or Responsibility: use the "@" sign. For example if you write in the subject of the email "Take out the garbage @home" we will add the task to your "Home" Area of Responsibility if one exists.
- Focus: use the "#" sign. For example if you write in the subject of the email "Take out the garbage #Today" we will add the task to your "Today" folder. If you do not put in a focus we automatically put all emails in to your Inbox. You can also put the task in #Next or #Someday folders.
- Tag: use the "%" sign. For example if you write in the subject of the email "Take out trash %high %home" we will create a task with the tags "High" and "Home" if those tags already exist.
If you don't yet use Get It Done, head on over to http://getitdoneapp.com today to sign up!