Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Palm OS Application

Please create a Palm OS Application that will work on the Palm Pixi and Palm Pre

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When assigning a Task to a Project take Area from Project Area

When you move or assign a task to a Project it does not automatically set the Areas to be that of the Project. It would be nice to avoid the extra step of assigning an area to the task when the associated Project is already assigned to an Area.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Short answer is: go ahead and leave the Area setting alone after you set the project. We will update the Area for you behind the scenes. A Project belongs to an Area anyway, so that logic just happens automatically.

Long answer: I can see where the confusion is since after you set the Project, we don’t update the Area setting in the dropdown. We used to but it caused a lot of confusion when users accidentally chose the wrong project. Example: User would choose Project B, which automatically switched to Area B. But Area B only has 1 project, so User no longer see all the projects. User thinks all projects have disappeared. We received a lot of tech support emails about that.

We also talked about always showing all projects in the list, but some accounts have a LOT of projects. Being…

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. I know this response is long over due but I wanted to explain our stance before closing the feedback. Originally, we wanted to keep all feedback alive FOREVER but we need to keep the numbers low in order to keep productive. Hence, we are spring cleaning…

Since this feedback is older and only has one vote, I will be moving this feedback to a different list. I just wanted to let you know.

In case you haven’t heard, we just released a new version of Get It Done with some exciting new features. You can read more about it here: http://blog.getitdoneapp.com/2017/02/01-all-new-get-it-done-task-app/

Thanks again for your feedback.

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow me to share MY Task List with someone.

I'd like to share MY Project & Task List with my manager as part of my weekly status update. If this is already possible, please let me know?? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Cheryl!

I know this response is long over due but I wanted to explain our stance before closing the feedback. Originally, we wanted to keep all feedback alive FOREVER but we need to keep the numbers low in order to be productive. Hence, we are spring cleaning…

I know you’re not a Get It Done customer right now but it sounds like our sister app, Manage It, might be what you’re looking for. It’s designed specifically for team collaboration and would give your manager the visibility you requested here: https://manageitapp.com

If you are are still looking, come give us another try! We’ve also released the new Get It Done Version 5 with some exciting new features. Read more about it here: http://blog.getitdoneapp.com/2017/02/01-all-new-get-it-done-task-app/

Thanks again for your idea!

8. When adding a task quickly, automatically ask which area

I like every task having a specific area but I still have to assign it manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Philip!

Thank you for your feedback. I know this response is long over due but I wanted to explain our stance before closing the feedback. Originally, we wanted to keep all feedback alive FOREVER but we need to keep the numbers low in order to keep productive. Hence, we are spring cleaning…

Whenever you add a task, it will automatically take on the current Area. This seemed to be the best UI solution without overwhelming users with dialogs.

I see you are using the new Get It Done ver 5 so let us know if this is still an issue for you.
    Thanks again for your feedback.

Get It Done Team

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base