Skip to content

General

1 result found

1. Revisit Idea

You declined a popular idea on the grounds that it was incompatible with GTD methodology and you were trying to stay true. I am new to GTD, so perhaps I don't understand it enough to see how a Waiting box in the Focus Areas would not be true to his methodology. As I see it, the "Waiting" box is one of only three possible outcomes of work flow processing.

On his Work Flow graphic on page 156, the bottom line contains only three options: "Waiting", "Calendar", "Next Actions".

I thought my pre-fabbed "Areas" boxes corresponded to the GTD work flow…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

FIrst we would like to say thank you to those that have taken the time to express their opinion on adding a “Waiting For” focus area as well as those who have voted for this change. We want you to know that we are listening. Our team has met and discussed your very valid points. We stand corrected and agree that adding a “Waiting For” focus area absolutely fits into David Allen’s methodology and it would enhance the functionality of our Get It Done app.
    Our developers are currently working on this feature request and we will be sure to update you once we are ready to release the update.
    We would like to clarify that in no way were we trying to increase our paid subscription plans by offering a workaround that is only included in our paid plans. We apologize if this is how our initial response was…

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base